• To help students with specific learning difficulties achieve success in their academic courses.
Goals for students:
•To incorporate techniques and study skills that will help them compensate for their learning differences
•To celebrate their God- given gifts and talents
•To take ownership of their learning
•To become independent, lifelong learners
Additional fees are assessed for the program and skills classes. These fees can be financed along with the basic tuition.
Criteria considered for acceptance:
ELIGIBILITY MUST BE APPROVED ANNUALLY BY THE RESOURCE PROGRAM COMMITTEE
• Parent must complete enrollment forms for services annually.
• Recent (last 3 years) formal evaluation from a certified professional on file at VCHS and/or current accommodation/modification plan (8th graders will have until the end of the first semester to meet this requirement)
• Ability of VCHS to accommodate student’s needs with current resources
• History of academic difficulty
• History of student’s UTILIZATION of accommodations/modifications offered (sign-in sheets are used as documentation)
• Teacher/Counselor recommended intervention